Monday, May 20, 2013

Your choice!




God in His marvelous love has given us many choices. We are not robots! In those choices are consequences. My Pastor Mark Warren shared these verses yesterday and it gives us something to think about:



Deuteronomy 30:19-20

19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, 20 loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.”



Some things I want you to see in these verses:



1. God has witnesses of what He has offered us in choices! v.19 says heaven and earth are the witnesses! So we are with out excuse as to what God has offered.



2. v.19 God sets before us life or death! Think on that for a while. Jesus is Life:



John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.



So that means without Jesus death will come....separation from God when we die:



John 5:24

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.



3. v.19 God also sets before us the choice of blessings or curses! I don't know about you but I want the blessings!!!



Malachi 2:2 If you will not listen, if you will not take it to heart to give honor to my name, says the Lord of hosts, then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings. Indeed, I have already cursed them, because you do not lay it to heart.



Heed that warning my friends!



4. God tells us in v.19 to chose life! Where is true life found???? In Jesus Christ refer back to John 14:6 verse posted above! Not only are we to chose life for ourselves but for our children! Parents it is your job to raise your children in the training of the Lord so they have a chance to make right choices according to the Word of God!



5. In verse 20 God tells us three keys to making right choices...loving God, obeying His voice, and holding fast to Him in good times and bad! Don't let go! If you are doing these three things, you are making right choices!!!



Life is full of choices, if you are being obedient to God....loving Him, obeying Him, holding onto Him then you are doing well....keep the faith! If not well what is stopping you? It is your choice and as we have seen true, victorious, and joy in life can only come through the choice of following Jesus! Make that choice today!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment