Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hands #4


As we continue to look at our hands in relation to our walk with Jesus I came across this verse which should make us do some thinking:

2 Samuel 22:21-23
21 “The Lord dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he rewarded me.
22 For I have kept the ways of the Lord
and have not wickedly departed from my God.
23 For all his rules were before me,
and from his statutes I did not turn aside.

Have you ever thought about that? The way that you follow and obey God may have something to do with the blessings of God? Now this has nothing to do with salvation which is by faith in Christ alone but it certainly could have something to do with the blessings of life. I am not talking about material blessing although God can do whatever He wishes here, I am talking about joy, peace, and happiness!!! When we are walking in obedience to the Lord we are living the abundant life!

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

When we walk in faith and see God working our lives we then grow stronger and stronger:

Job 17:9
9 Yet the righteous holds to his way,
and he who has clean hands grows stronger and stronger.

So as we look at our hands are we growing stronger in the faith by obedience and thus living the abundant life or do we have work to be done?

Oh Lord help us have clean hands and a pure heart before you this day!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment