Thursday, February 26, 2015

Heart



This morning we are moving on to our last body part to look at in this series. This is the main body part as in your heart is who you are. The soul, the spirit, the deep down you!!! So this morning lets jump right in and ask ourselves this question. Where is my heart at in life right now? Look what Jesus says here:

Matthew 6:19-21

19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This is basically saying your heart needs to be desiring to live for godly things like love, mercy, kindness, giving to those in need, etc., not for the material things of the world. OUCH! Honestly evaluate where you are with this right now! God says here our hearts are where we come out in the answer to this question! Love for him or love for the world! Look at this if you don't realize the importance of this question:

1 John 2:15

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

We may be saying right now....I love Jesus not the things of the world, can I look at my lifestyle and see that? As I sit in my overly blessed life getting fatter and fatter in my bank account and belly and others are struggling for basic things like clean water, food, and shelter can I really say my heart is where it should be?

Think about that for awhile! 

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment