Friday, January 22, 2010

The Big O's #19

This morning's devotion should lead us to praise! The words I am going to teach you this morning you have neard before if you have been in church for a couple of years or more. They are what most would call theological words. But oh for the Christian and how they describe our Father, Son, and Holy Spirit it is awesome!!! I wish I had a stronger word to describe how great it is but that is the best I could come up with!!!!

Something to remember...I am talking about the Holy Spirit today but these words describe all three...the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

So here are those 3 "O"'s:

1. Omnipotent---The Spirit is all powerful! Nothing or no one is more powerful.

Zechariah 4:6
6 So he answered and said to me:


“ This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel:

‘ Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the LORD of hosts.

2. Omnipresent---The Spirit is present everywhere! We can't out run or hide from the Spirit. He is everywhere we are. That should be easy to understand since we learned He dwells in us!

Psalm 139:7-8

7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.

That is such a comforting verse to me!!!

Omniscient---The Spirit is all knowing! There is nothing that He does not know or understand! And He reveals to us everything we need to know! It is our choice to listen or not.

1 Corinthians 2:10

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

These are some of the attributes of the Spirit. In all reality we will never completely understand in this lifetime on earth the awesomness of the Spirit. But to me it is comforting just knowing how mighty He really is and He dwells in me as a counselor!!! Amen??

I think Isaiah agreed:

Isaiah 40:13
13 Who can fathom the Spirit of the LORD,
or instruct the LORD as his counselor?

There you have it the big "O"'s!

Praise the Lord today for He alone is worthy! Have a safe weekend and find a place to worship the King this weekend!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment