Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Teach and remind. #21

Here is another great promise from God's word this morning. Check it out:

John 14:26
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The "I" mentioned in the last part of that verse is Jesus. I want to remind us of a few things when we read this verse this morning. First, we need to remember that we only have the Holy Spirit if we have asked Jesus to be Lord and Savior of our lives. Second we must be in God's word to learn. Now that being said, when you are reading your Bible the Holy Spirit helps you learn and understand. For example, before I was a Christian I would read my Bible every once in a while and much of it seemed like jibberish. I didn't understand most of what I was reading. Then after I accepted Christ it was totally different. I believe it is because of the Holy Spirit teaching me and helping me understand the things of God.Think about that for a moment. God does so much to take care of us that we often don't even think about!!! Now we can move on to the rememberance. We kind of covered this yesterady but have you ever noticed in your life when you have a temptation to sin that small little voice will say "hey you don't need to do that!" and even some scripture may come to mind? That is what it is refering to when the verse above says the Holy Spirit will bring to us rememberance of what Jesus has said. That is so awesome that we have a God who cares for us that much. The rememberance is not always don't do it is also do this. Like telling us the show love to someone who is hurting or to encourage others or to have patience. I think you get the point!

So this morning we are reminded we have Spirit that teaches and reminds us of the things of God. Are we blessed or what???

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment