Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just like Jesus! #7

I have some encouraging words for you this morning if you are a follower of Jesus! When Jesus was preparing to leave this earth and go back to heaven He told His diciples three things. #1...First He told them that this seperation from Him would only be temporary and that He was going to prepare a place for them:

John 14:2-3
2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Isn't that AWESOME! Next He said #2: He was going to be with the Father and that He would still be able to hear their prayers:

John 14:12-14

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Thank you Jesus for listening and answering! Then #3 He tells us He will send a helper:

John 14:16
16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you ANOTHER Helper, that He may abide with you forever—

In the greek the word another used here means" just like the first" meaning our helper is just like Jesus!!! Take time to sit down and think about that for a little while! As we are going through our life after we have asked Jesus into our hearts and the Holy Spirit comes and lives in us....and it is the same as having Christ with us every second of every day. So we have no excuse for sin as that little calm voice warns us walk away from that, show love to that person, keep that temper under control, ect!

As you go through this day think about the way God has provided for us even to the extent of sending us a Helper who is just like Jesus! What a Mighty God we serve!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment