Monday, January 4, 2010

Can anyone tell the difference? #6

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is off to a great 2010! Let's jump right in to the devotion for today.

Here is the question to ponder for today. If I did not know you were a Christian and I seen you out in public could I tell after a period of time that you were different from the world? Wow when I think about that I think sometimes yes and sometimes no for myself. That is not the right answer by the way it should be a firm yes! Look at this verse:

Romans 8:9
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

According to this verse if we don't have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us then we are not in Christ. That brings me back to the fruits of the Spirit...remember those? Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. So if we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us we should be demonstrating these characteristics in our life. Wow if that don't make one stop and think I am not sure what will!!!

Another good verse just to show a little further that our bodies are the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit is :

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

We are not our own...Jesus bought us on the cross...and I am so thankful He did!

So let's wrap it up....back to the original question....can anyone tell you are different than the world? IF not one had better do some soul searching. From what I read in the Bible if we can't tell a difference some changes need to be made immediately!!!!

Have a great week everyone!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment