Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Give!!!

We were talking in Sunday school this past week about how blessed we are and how we take it for granted. Something we should never do. This verse today is a key verse for our lives and the blessings God gives us:

Proverbs 3:9-10

9 Honor the LORD with your possessions,
And with the firstfruits of all your increase;
10 So your barns will be filled with plenty,
And your vats will overflow with new wine.

Here is the question for today. Do you honor God with your possesions? I am talking of many things not just money. For example.....time, televisions, music, children, computer, Bible and the list can go on and on. To me when I put this verse in this context it brings many things into play. It makes me realize I have work to do. I honor God with somethings but not with others and this is wrong! Verse 9 also says with the firstfruits of your increase. This to us tody would mainly be our money...do you give a portion to God of what He has blessed you with? This is clearly taught in scripture. Let me give you another example of what this verse could apply to....your garden. Do you share with the needy what God has blessed you with in your garden? Wow what an awesome testimony that could be.

God is so good to us He promises us that if we are faithful with what He has given us He will continue to bless us abundantly and that is what verse 10 is telling us. All we have to do is look at our lives...it is said that if you have a roof over your head, food on the table, and clothes on your back you are in the top 4% of the richest people in the world!

Let's make sure we give where we are instucted to give!

I have more than I could ever ask for God...Thank you Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment