Friday, April 30, 2010

Is dad glad?

I pray this morning we are making our parents happy with the way we are living our lives.

Proverbs 10:1

1 The proverbs of Solomon:

A wise son makes a glad father,
But a foolish son is the grief of his mother.

I wish this morning I could say that all the days of my life I have pleased my parents but I can't. In my youth I caused them many heartaches. Thankfully as I have grown older the Lord should me my foolish ways and now I think I can say fairly confidently my parents are proud of me. So what about you? How has your life gone as far as pleasing your parents? If your parents have passed I want to remind you that you still have a Father to make glad as stated above. Your heavenly Father! He loves you so much and desires for you to make Him glad with every aspect of your life. In the verse above God makes it very clear that if we make out father glad we are wise but if we grieve our mother we are foolish. I want you to see this morning there isn't a side note that tells us what age this applies too. From the time we are born until death we are to do all we can to honor and make our parents glad. After all if it wasn't for our parents we would not be here!!!

Thank you mom and dad....I hope I make you proud! Call your parents and tell them you love them right now, you won't regret it!

Have a good weekend....Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment