Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Peace and long life!

For Wednesday.


Ahhhh what a great promise below:

Proverbs 3:1-2

1 My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;
2 For length of days and long life
And peace they will add to you.

I talk often of the importance of studying God's word and then obeying it. Look again at what will happen for those who follow and keep the Word of God. Did you see it? First in verse 2 God says we will have long life. That is very interesting to me that we are promised long life if we uphold His Word. Could it be many die at a young age because they are not keeping God's Word? To be honest I have never really even thought of this. Then the second promise we see is peace will be added to you. I found out that having a relationship with Jesus has brought peace beyond my understanding but here I see that keeping God's Word will add even more peace to my life!! I don't know about you but I will take all I can get!

What more can we ask for...long life and peace. We can have both if we keep and study God's Word. God is so good to us!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment