Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Listen to your Parents!

My mom's birthday is tomorrow so this hit home this morning as I was thinking of her.

Proverbs 6:20-22

20 My son, keep your father’s command,
And do not forsake the law of your mother.
21 Bind them continually upon your heart;
Tie them around your neck.
22 When you roam, they will lead you;
When you sleep, they will keep you;
And when you awake, they will speak with you

Our parents! My how stupid we thought they were when we were teenagers. As we grow up though we find out how smart they really were. Matter of fact I have found in my own life that my parents were some of the smartest peopel in my life. God knows that and He reveals that to us in His Word. God was also kind enough to put others in my life who were like parents to me in some very hard times in my life and I will be forever greatful for their Godly wisdom in my times of need.

In verse 20 God tells us to keep the word of our father and mother. Hopefully much of what we are taught by our parents came from the Word of God. It is so important that we grasp our parents teachings that God tells us to keep them in our heart where we will constantly think about their words and pull them up when they are needed. God also tells us to tie them around our neck where we will be reminded often. Verse 22 tells us we need to be reminded at all times of the day...when we are going about our daily bussiness, when we sleep at night, and when we wake in the morning, our parents teachings will guide us. I am so thankful for my parents. While in my younger years we were not in church like we should have been but I am happy to say that my parents have found their walk with God and are active in serving Jesus now. Even though we were not in church when I was young they still instilled Godly values in me that I will take to the grave with me. I listened to my parents when I was young and I will continue to do so as it is pleasing to the Lord. Thanks mom and dad for all you have done for me in my life I am greatful and I love you!

Happy Brithday tomorrow mom!!! I love you very much.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment