Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Always satisfied!

I must say for myself this verse has be so true!

Proverbs 13:25

25 The righteous has enough to satisfy his appetite,
but the belly of the wicked suffers want.

This verse must be looked at two ways. First Look at it physically. I can honestly say that since I have been a believer in Jesus Christ, I have never been hungry. I have always had a roof over my head. I have always has clothes on my back. So what I am saying is I have always had the necessities. Now let me be clear on this that all my needs have been met by my Lord NOT all my wants!!! Now God says the wicked will suffer want. We also need to remember the wicked suffering want may refer to the next life as we see some wicked folks prosper in this life.

Now let us look at this spiritually. Jesus dying on the cross for our sins satisfies our appetite for eternal life and peace in our lives. Every man has a whole in their heart that they are longing to fill. It can only be satisfied in Jesus. Some men satisfy that appetite through a relationship with Jesus and some never will by their own choice. That is what the second part of the verse is referring too. The wicked will suffer want because they never satisfy the hole in their hearts with Christ. Hell will definitely be a place of wanting something else!!

So are you satisfied this morning? You can be....come to Jesus and find the satisfaction only He can provide!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment