Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Best to keep mouth shut!

My oh my how I wish at points in my life that I had listened to this verse!

Proverbs 13:3

3 He who guards his mouth preserves his life,
But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.

God's Word sure is useful. This verse is another great example of that. How many times in our lives do we open our mouths and say something only to regret it later??? I can answer for myself and say too many times. Sometimes it may be that what we say is right but we should have said it in a more loving way and I am also guilty of this. This verse says if we guard our mouth it preserves our life. In so many ways if we would guard what we say it would be helpful. How many families and friendships have been broken by words that have come out of folks mouths that could have been prevented by keeping useless words flowing from the mouth?? God tells us in the second part of this verse that lips that are open wide will have destruction. Do you know anyone who can not be quiet but has to talk all the time even if they don't know what they are talking about? I do and this verse is so true, constant running of the mouth has lead them to destruction as they have few friends!!! The Bible makes it clear in many places that we need to control our mouths, it is to our benefit!

So this morning let us make sure when we open our mouths it is for edification and proclaiming God's word, that will keep us from trouble!

Have a great week!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment