Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Unclean.

Good morning everyone from Alabama. I am at Orange beach with the youth from church for camp. WE had a great night worshiping the King and for our devotion this morning I want to share a thought from last night. I wake up this morning over looking the Gulf. I am sad to say that I see oil on the beach as I look out this morning...the beach and water is unclean. A great man of God once said something about unclean, check this out:


Isaiah 6:5

5 So I said:


“ Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King,
The LORD of hosts.”

Isaiah had just had a vision or an encounter with God. In the book of Isaiah, Isaiah himself uses the Word "Woe" atleast six other times. He uses the word to pronounce coming judgment on other nations. Here he uses it to pronounce judgment on himself! Look very closely. He had an encounter with God and seen how unclean he really was! Isaiah said his mouth was unclean and the people he lives around were unclean. He also said I am undone. In other translations the word used here is finished, broken, or ruined. Wow the great prophet and man of God...Isaiah felt this way when he encountered God. Do you remember how you felt when you encountered God. It should make us feel really small before a Holy and Just God. I felt undone, unclean, broken, and ruined before God the first time I really encountered Him. You know what the good news is??? If you call Jesus into your life like I did many years ago He can take your unclean, undone, broken, ruined life and wash it with His blood and make you white as snow! Oh thank you Jesus! It is all up to you. The work has been done on the cross. You have to choose to be washed!

As I look out right now over the gulf...it will be a long time before it is clean but thank God I am clean right now in the eyes of God...can you say the same.

Have a great day!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment