Friday, June 18, 2010

Are you confident?

An awesome, reassuring verse this morning.

Proverbs 14:26 (New King James Version)

26 In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence,
And His children will have a place of refuge.

I must admit I am a very skeptical person in many areas. BUT I can tell you I fear the Lord and I have a strong confidence that He is God and He loves you and me! If we do fear the Lord there will be a difference between us and the world. That is what God teaches us in His Word. He tells us we are to be different and that will happen when our lives are changed because of our acceptance of Jesus as Savior of our lives. In our fear though we also have a place of refuge as this verse goes on to tell us. I always think of our earthly fathers as an example of this. They protect us in harms way but punish us when we do wrong all out of love. In God we have refuge! That gives me so much comfort both now and knowing in the future I will be in the arms of Christ.

Thank you Jesus for giving me a place of refuge and a confidence in You! You are King and I love you. Praise, glory and honor to your name.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment