Friday, June 18, 2010

Envy!!!

God speaks to us this morning, listen closely:

Proverbs 14:30

30 A sound heart is life to the body,
But envy is rottenness to the bones.

There is only one way to a sound heart. Jesus. Plain and simple. If we are not right with Jesus our lives are a complete mess. People will always let us down at some point. Jesus never will thus we can have that sound heart. True life comes with that relationship with Jesus. Until you live life with Jesus, you will not know what true peace is. I have been through many difficult times in my life and honestly don't know how I would have made it without Jesus. Yes there have been times I want to give up, throw in the towel, punch someone in the mouth, and many other things but the Holy Spirit guided me in the right direction, to dwell in the arms of Christ and let Him take care of the problem, thus I have a sound heart and true life in Christ.

On the other side is envy. Envy will ruin your life. Envy is caused by wanting what others have in this world of ours...wish I had their spouse, wish I was famous, wish I had their car, wish I had their health, and the list can go on and on. Their is only one thing that we should wish for if we don't already have Him...Jesus! We need to be happy and content with what we have. God has us right where we are for a reason. Live your life not somebody elses. If your focus is on Christ your life will be awesome!

Some may think you don't have my life...that is right but you don't have mine either and I can tell you for a fact Jesus will give you a sound heart and peace that is beyond understanding if you just trust Him!

Envy destroys, Jesus = sound heart! Try Him and find out for yourself!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment