Friday, June 18, 2010

Can God exalt the USA?

When I read this verse this morning my first thought was...Can God exalt our nation right now? Read the verse and then answer for yourself.

Proverbs 14:34 (New King James Version)

34 Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a reproach to any people.

I wish I could honestly say that the good ole USA is a righteous nation but I can't. From top to bottom we are a corrupt, lying, stealing, dishonest nation. Sin is rampant everywhere! We are accepting and promoting things that God hates like drunkenness, homosexuality, adultery, using God's name in vain, taking God out of schools and everything else and the list can go on and on. It breaks my heart to see our nation turn our back on God who so graciously blessed us when we put Him first. It is very clear here in this verse that Righteousness exalts a nation before God. It is my opinion God had been giving us warning signs to straighten up but we are not heeding the warnings!

The second part of this verse tells us that our sin is a reproach, not only us but any people who claim to be followers of God! Let me remind you what reproach is....disgrace, discredit, or blame incurred: to bring reproach on one's family. Wow we bring discredit to the family when we sin...mainly our heavenly Father! Stop and think about that for a moment. It reminds me when I was younger and mom or dad caught me in a lie. It hurt me in more ways than one! But it also hurt mom or dad to know I would lie or sin to them. If I lied to someone else and was caught it brought discredit on the whole family name not just me. This is where our nation is. We are bringing discredit to God!!!

I have good news though...read this:

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

God can heal our nation but there must be some true repentance and turning back to Him! Pray my brothers and sisters...pray.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment