Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Everyone loves a present!

Proverbs 17:8

8 A present is a precious stone in the eyes of its possessor;

Wherever he turns, he prospers. 



When I read this verse this morning immediately another verse came to mind:



Romans 6:23



For the wages of sin is death,

but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.



There is no doubt in my mind that we all like to get a gift or a present. But their is one gift that surpasses all, that is the gift of eternal life that God offers to all. To receive that gift all one must do is accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their life. As the verse out of proverbs says, this present is a precious stone in the eye of the beholder. Christ is my rock and nothing is better than my precious rock! When we have Christ in our lives we prosper. Everywhere we turn we are blessed. I can truly say that this morning that I have prospered way more than I deserve. And you have too if you look around. One day soon we will realize to an even greater extent when we step into eternity with Christ just how much we really have prospered by accepting this gift from God...Jesus Christ.



Thank you heavenly Father for your precious gift...your Son....Jesus Christ.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment