Monday, August 30, 2010

Grandchildren!

Wow I have read this verse before but it hit me today on what it is saying!



Proverbs 17:6

6 Children’s children are the crown of old men,

And the glory of children is their father. 



While I am not a grandparent yet, I sure did love my grandparents when they were alive! There is no doubt in my mind that My grandfathers and grandmothers loved their grandchildren. My how they loved to brag on us. I always remember the smiles on thier faces when we would pull into the driveway for a visit. God's word hits the nail on the head when it says grandchildren are the crown of old men!!!



I pray this morning that we can all say that our fathers are our glory as the second part of this verse says. I know for me I can say that but I also realize that for many their relationship with their fathers are not good. I believe no matter how bad that relationship is we must always remember that this man will always be our father and we would not be here if it was not for him. I want to challenge each of you whose father is not what he was suppose to be, to try to make amends. I know for some that will be very hard, but I also know that forgiveness it what God wants us to be about. If God can forgive us we need to forgive others. For those whose Father has been their glory take time to tell him today! It will make his day! Also remember our heavenly Father and give Him the glory He deserves!



Have a great Monday



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment