Thursday, August 12, 2010

I am right!

Mankind is good at believing he is right in most all situations even when he is wrong! Read this verse:



Proverbs 16:2

2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes,But the LORD weighs the spirits.



My oh my, how many times have you had a discussion with someone who was clearly in the wrong but they just would not see it or admit it? It happens everyday in our political system!! It is strange how in our own eyes we want to believe we are always right. I believe this comes down to a pride issue. No one wants to be wrong. We are trained from a young age to stand up for yourself. I don't recall many ever teaching me to admit I was wrong...do you?



The key to the whole issue is the Lord. He is the balance. He shows us in His Word what is right and what is wrong. He weighs the spirit of the matter! So how do we find if where we stand on different issues is right or wrong? The Bible! It has all the answers. I have never come across an issue in my life that is not covered in the Bible. God also warns us about a haughty spirit in His Word. When we have an attitude that we are always right and we have all the answers, God is not happy with us. Because Pride has entered out hearts at this point and God loves the humble but hates the proud! That is what His Word says!



So my friends there is nothing wrong with being right but when we have an attitude that we are always right we better take a look at our heart!



God bless....Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment