Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gray hair can be a good sign!

Ahhh at last a scripture for those of us who have or are starting to turn gray!



Proverbs 16:31

31 The silver-haired head is a crown of glory,

If it is found in the way of righteousness. 



This a very simple but yet profound statement from God. I can sit here this morning as I am sure you can also and think of may silver-haired saints I have had the honor of coming across in my lifetime so far. What a blessing it has been to be able to obtain godly wisdom from these folks. God tells us in this verse very clearly that silver-hair is a crown of glory. BUT there is a catch! The only way it can be a crown of glory is if that hair has been obtained by living in the way of righteousness. Now how can we be found in the way of righteousness? There is only one way! We must be in Jesus. Covered by his shed blood. Living our life as a follower of Christ. Pretty simple huh? But yet so hard for many. Again I can think of so many that have obtained this crown of glory but sadly I can also think of so many who have not. That is why it is so important we continue to try to reach all aged folks with the gospel of Christ.



So this morning I can look in the mirror and I see a little silver starting to show up. What about you? One day when I am fully silver if I am blessed to live that long, I thank God I will have that crown of glory because I will be found righteous because of my King Jesus!



I pray you can say the same!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment