Thursday, August 16, 2012

Deny Self!




We had a great revival service this week. Many were saved to the glory of God. But I can't get a thought off my mind this morning. Something is wrong in the church. How can we go to the ball park every night off the week with our kids but not make it to worship God when the doors are open? How can we choose to fish or hunt over God when the doors are open to the church? How can we choose to to make a few extra bucks at work (many times we have a choice) rather than worshiping God when the church doors are open? You can add whatever that keeps you from worshiping God when the church doors are open. Selfishness is the answer plain and clear! I have been so blessed this week, and would have missed out had I chosen to stay at home. I will close with this verse...it is very simple and very clear. Don't argue with me over excuses, argue with God!



Matthew 16:24

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment