Tuesday, August 7, 2012

For I know your rebellion and your stiff neck!




With all the craziness we see on the news and even in our own communities these days I wanted to share these verses that I came across the other day:



Deuteronomy 31:24-29



24 So it was, when Moses had completed writing the words of this law in a book, when they were finished, 25 that Moses commanded the Levites, who bore the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying: 26 “Take this Book of the Law, and put it beside the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there as a witness against you; 27 for I know your rebellion and your stiff neck. If today, while I am yet alive with you, you have been rebellious against the Lord, then how much more after my death? 28 Gather to me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their hearing and call heaven and earth to witness against them. 29 For I know that after my death you will become utterly corrupt, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you. And evil will befall you in the latter days, because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands.”



Maybe you are curious like me! Have you ever wondered how God thinks about our nation? I am sad to say I don't think He is very happy with us at this point and time. You read how Israel continually turned their back on God and time after time He would allow them to come crashing down from the blessings He so wanted to give them. Just stop and think about that for a moment. I believe without a shadow of a doubt God blessed this great nation of ours because it was built upon the GREAT FOUNDATION=Jesus! As we slowly tear that foundation out we will come crashing down as we already see from our economy right now!



for I know your rebellion and your stiff neck- is as much for us today as was for Israel many years ago. Let us get right with the lord as an individual and as a nation!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment