Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Everything Perfect!




In our bible study group last night we were talking about the perfect life Adam and Eve had before "the fall" (when they sinned). Can we even understand in our minds a perfect life? No sin. Perfect relationship with God. Perfect relationship with each other. Wandering around naked with all of life taken care of by God! Plenty of food, no stress, peace, just plain perfection! You can read about that in Genesis 1-2.



Then sin entered the picture and all this perfection was destroyed! No more perfection except God. It was all gone in a moment of pride, spiritual adultery, and thinking we could be like God. Because we are so used to sin and unperfection in life I am don't think we can fully grasp the life Adam and Eve lived for a short time. Just stop for a moment and try to grasp living in a perfect place. Can you?



I have good news though this morning. We can see this perfect life in the future! God sent His perfect Son, Jesus, to die for our sins so that one day we can live in perfection as God originally designed for us! All you have to do is repent of your sins and follow Jesus....so simple but yet so hard! If you do this look at these promises from God:



2 Peter 3:13

Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.



Revelation 3:11-13

11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.



Revelation 21:1-3

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.



Colossians 1:28

Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.



Hebrews 10:14

For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.



Oh I can't wait to be in perfection (heaven) with Christ! When I will be perfect and never disappoint my Savior again! All stress in this life will be gone! Praise God! Are you ready?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment