Wednesday, February 20, 2013

OUR ONLY HOPE




With the trials of this life we must remember the only sure hope that we have is our Lord. Read this Psalm:



Psalm 131





1 O Lord, my heart is not lifted up;

my eyes are not raised too high;

I do not occupy myself with things

too great and too marvelous for me.

2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul,

like a weaned child with its mother;

like a weaned child is my soul within me.



3 O Israel, hope in the Lord

from this time forth and forevermore.



A couple of things to see here:



1. Verse 1 tells us to keep our proper place before God and be humble. God is clear in scripture that he hates pride, so let us keep ourselves in humility putting God first and others second.



2. The second half of verse 1 also tells us not to waste time on things that are not for us to know. So what are we to do? The things God has taught us in the bible such as share the love of Jesus. Love others. Serve others. Keep God first in every area of our life.



3. Verse 2 gives the idea of keeping ourselves under control. How to we do that? By casting all our cares upon Jesus.



1 Peter 5:6-7

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.



When we do this we have nothing to work ourselves up over because we know everything is in the Lord's hand!



4. Verse 3 sums everything up.....all our hope is in the Lord.....forever!



If you put your hope in anything besides Jesus you will be let down, but Jesus never fails!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment