Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Near Perfection.



Yesterday I lost a dear friend. Lila Roberts. I had the pleasure of going to church with her and also working with her as she served the Lord as one of the secretaries at church. Over my 42 soon to be 43 years of life I have had the pleasure of meeting many godly people. Lila and Dan Roberts have to be the most Christ-like people I have ever met. Trust me I do not give that title of most Christ-like out easily. Matter of fact I have never said that before! I want you to think in your own life at this moment and ask yourself...who is the godliest example in your life? For me it is Lila and Dan Roberts. Humble, wow does this ever describe them. They always put others first. Just like Jesus. Serving, they serve without question. You did not have to ask them to do something, they took the bull by the horns and served. Just like Jesus. Praying, they prayed for folks and believed God would answer. Just like Jesus. Loving, the loved people unconditionally. Just like Jesus. Encouragement, Lila and Dan always encouraged me and bragged on me. Their words were always uplifting. Just like Jesus. God fearing, Lila and Dan loved Jesus and feared the Lord. They gave God the respect, awe, and admiration that is due the King of Kings. As you can see these folks are special people. Loved by so many. I never heard Lila or Dan say anything that the Lord would disapprove of. I never seen Dan or Lila do anything that the Lord would frown upon. Now I know Lila and Dan are not perfect as their is only One who has lived a perfect life and that is Jesus but if all of us could pattern our lives after Dan and Lila I can promise you this world would be a better place and Jesus would be much happier with the way we are living our lives!

So this morning I want to leave you with this, live for Jesus. Lila did. She lived a great life and today is with Jesus. Paul said "imitate me" here:


1 Corinthians 11:1

11 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

Although knowing Lila she would not agree with me saying this, but I can say with confidence this morning if we imitate Lila and Dan's walk with Christ we would do well to imitate them as they imitate Christ.

God bless you my sweet friend Lila, I will see you soon on the other side.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment