Thursday, February 28, 2013

Satisfied with Life?



So are you satisfied with where your life is right now? Paul tells us the key to being satisfied right here:

Philippians 4:11-13

11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Folks this is easy to understand! Paul said he had learned to be content in whatever situation he was in.  I don't think I have to tell you that Paul was in many situations we will never be in and don't want to be in! Ship wrecked, imprisoned, beaten many times, left for dead, snake bit, and the list goes on and on! But yet he could say "whatever state I am, to be content.

Can we say we are content or satisfied? Well Paul also knew the key to this satisfaction. Jesus Christ. No matter where you are at in life, true contentment and satisfaction can be found no where else except in Christ. This is why Jesus says:

John 14:6
 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

True, sustaining, life comes through Jesus. You can try everything else but nothing will satisfy like Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment