Monday, February 11, 2013

Time Alone!



 photo photobucket-4520-1360594164583_zps6859b963.jpg

Well folks I am back. God blessed my wife and I with time away together on a cruise to the Bahamas. This was a first for the both of us. It was a great time. Relaxing and refreshing. I was thinking about this past week and how refreshed I feel now as I am back at work. We all need to have time away. When was the last time you were able to set everything aside and just get away? We can make so many excuses of why we can't do it but when we get right down to it the world can continue without you for a time! If you are single or married you need time away. Married couples need time away with each other to keep their marriage alive and well. Singles need time away from their jobs just to relax and get their batteries charged up.

One of the most important parts of getting away is spending time with God. Even if you are getting away with your spouse, one needs to take some time for God. Alone time with God is so refreshing! Of course I hope you do this everyday! But time alone with God when you don't have the day to day grind can be very special! I think of this verse when alone with God:

Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Just sit back and praise God. Thank Him for all His goodness. Praise Him for being God. Talk with Him as He loves fellowship with you. Stillness is hard to come by in our day to day lives. Matter of fact it can be hard to do because we often don't know how to be still with God! If you are away with your spouse it may be good to be still together after your own time with God. Just thank God for you marriage, your kids, and all the blessings He has bestowed upon you. Praise God for bringing you together. Praise God for He is God!

So let me ask you, when was the last time you got away? Make plans now to do so. It will do you good in so many ways. Make sure you plan time with God....He deserves it and so do you. You won't regret it!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment