Wednesday, September 11, 2013

God provides...no excuses!




I am preparing for my lesson tonight and found this that I wanted to share today. God expects us to share Him with others as told by the great commission found in Matthew 28:18-20. But we even see this back in the day of Moses when God told him to go to his people Israel and tell them God wants them to trust Him and be freed from Egypt. Guess what Moses did? Made excuses! Just like we do when told to share Jesus with others!



Here are the excuses of Moses:



1. What if they don't believe me?



Exodus 4:1-5



4 Then Moses answered and said, “But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, ‘The Lord has not appeared to you.’”

2 So the Lord said to him, “What is that in your hand?”

He said, “A rod.”

3 And He said, “Cast it on the ground.” So he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it. 4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail” (and he reached out his hand and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand), 5 “that they may believe that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you.”



Now for us, God has said plant the seed, He will take care of the rest! Share the gospel! It is not our job to worry about if they believe us or not!



2. I can't speak well!



Exodus 4:10-12



10 Then Moses said to the Lord, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”

11 So the Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord? 12 Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.”



How many of us have tried this one? haha Look what God says directly to us about this:



Luke 12:11

11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say.



Now this directly refers to if we are arrested for our faith and trying to defend ourselves but God also will provide the words when we share our faith too! We also should be studied up about out faith to be prepared to share!



3. Please don't send me!




Exodus 4:13-16

13 But he said, “O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send.”

14 So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and He said: “Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart. 15 Now you shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth. And I will be with your mouth and with his mouth, and I will teach you what you shall do. 16 So he shall be your spokesman to the people. And he himself shall be as a mouth for you, and you shall be to him as God.



We also want God to use someone else. Did you see how it made God? Angry! Don't miss the blessings of doing God's work! Share the gospel, someone elses eternity may depend on you!



No excuses! God will provide what you need!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment