Monday, September 21, 2015

God is talking!



Have you ever been in a worship service and you had a sin lingering over you and it seemed the preacher knew although he did not! His message was point on and it seemed He kept looking right at you!!! I sure have and as a pastor have had people come and ask if I was specifically preaching at them which I wasn't but apparently God was! It makes me think of this verse:

Isaiah 55:11

11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Just sit and think about that. God's Word accomplishes exactly what He wants it too. Then it becomes out responsibility to make the right choices. Are we making the right choices? Are we listening or getting mad at the preacher thinking he is in my business??? Better think again!

Another way to think about this verse is in our walk with the Lord and sharing the gospel with others. When we tell of Jesus, it accomplishes God's purpose of the world hearing about Jesus. From God's mouth to our mouth to the world. As followers of Jesus, it is our responsibility to tell the good news of Jesus!

So, God is talking are we listening? Are we telling what He has to say? Both are of utmost importance!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment