Thursday, January 5, 2017

Are you humble?



In our walk with God he demands that we be humble not proud. Take a moment and look at the men of the bible and how they viewed themselves before an Almighty God:

Job: Job 40:4 “Behold, I am vile;

Abraham: Genesis 18:27 Then Abraham answered and said, “Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord:

Jacob: Genesis 32:10 I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies and of all the truth which You have shown Your servant;

David: Psalm 22:6 But I am a worm, and no man;

Isaiah: Isaiah 6:5 So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips,

Peter: Luke 5:8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!”

Paul: 1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

Until we humble ourselves before God and realize our worthless condition without Him we can never get right with Him. For God has told us:

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.

The good thing is though once we realize what we really our, we then can become clean again!!!

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Praise the Lord! Get humble and get right with God!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment