Friday, May 22, 2009

Cell phone vs. The Bible


I received an email some time ago that really spoke about the times we live in right now that I would like to share with you. Feel free to share it with others. I believe it really made the kids in my youth group do some thinking. It should make all of us do some thinking. Here it is:





> Cell Phone vs. Bible
>
> Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like
> we treat our
> cell phone?
>
>
> What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
>
>
> What if we flipped through it several times a day?
>
>
> What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
>
>
> What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
>
>
> What if we treated it like we couldn't live without
> it?
>
>
> What if we gave it to the Kids as gifts?
>
>
> What if we used it when we traveled?
>
>
> What if we used it in case of emergency?
>
>
> This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my
> Bible?
>
>
> Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we
> don' t have to worry
> about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already
> paid the bill.
>
>
> Makes you stop and think, where are my priorities? And no
> dropped calls!

I want to ask you something? Has our cell phones become idols in our lives? In my opinion I believe it has. Now don't get me wrong a cell phone in its proper place is a great thing and very useful. But I am afraid it is not kept in its proper place. I have heard many folks say " I would die without my cell phone" and they were serious!! Remember what God's word says:

Exodus 20:4-5 (New King James Version)

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,

The cell phone may not be made out of wood but we have created a monster. People risk their lives everyday driving down the road playing with their cell phones. I have even heard of a church who encourages people to use it during church...I guess telling others what the message is about....now how is that person using their phone worshiping God???

Go back and read the email again...some pretty good points huh? Let's use our Bbiles more than the cell phone and be sure we are not making our cell phones more of priority than God or His word!

Let me know what you think on this subject.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend. Pray for our soldiers. Be safe.

God bless....Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment