Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Return to the Word of God Part 12


Your note has been published.


I have had a great visit with my dad. We put a roof on my porch and yesterday got to do some bass fishing. My dad caught this carp which was well over 20 lbs. We caught some bass too! I am praising and thanking God for allowing me to spend time with my dad!!!

Now last time we were together we talked about how we pick and choose who and when we are going to forgive but that was not what God's Word tells us! Today I want us to look at how we pick and choose our worship. When I was saved I was filled with the desire to attend church and worship God pretty much every time the doors were open. Now I am not bragging when I say that I am just saying that when we give our lives to Jesus we should have a longing to worship him every chance we get. Look at these scriptures:

1 Chronicles 16:29-30 (New King James Version)

29 Give to the LORD the glory due His name;
Bring an offering, and come before Him.
Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness!

30 Tremble before Him, all the earth.
The world also is firml

Hebrews 10:25 (New King James Version)

25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

I like that first verse give the Lord the glory due his name .....how by worship! Bring an offering...how by going to church. In Hebrews it is pretty simple to see God wants us in church as He tells us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together and He even tells us that some do forsake coming to church! Again as I have said before God's word is pretty clear.....He wants us in church to worship Him but it is a sad day right now in America as many of our churches are struggling as folks chose to worship other things than the King of Kings.

Now let me say this also we are to worship God outside the church too! Not only should we get our families to church but we should be leading our families in worship at home. Daily devotion and prayer should be standard in each of our homes. You have heard it said in the past the family that prays together stays together. I also think we need to open God's word and worship together.

There are also other times and places we can worship such as listening to Christian music, driving down the road, exercising, hunting, and many others. Let me say this though substituting a hobby like hunting instead of worshiping God at church is choosing to be selfish in my opinion. I have done it in the past myself. What is boiled down to was I wanted to hunt instead of going to church. Oh yeah I prayed well I was there but I was also forsaking the gathering of God's people!!! Now I believe you can worship while hunting but deciding to hunt over church is disobeying God!

So how are you doing in Worship??? Are you making the right choices? I hope and pray you are.

Have a great day in the Lord and worship Jesus today!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment