Thursday, May 7, 2009

Return to the Word of God Part 8


Lets get right into the devotion today. I ended with this scripture yesterday:

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

What an awesome verse! I am a firm believer that if we would get right with God as individuals and as a nation we would see some blessings that would blow us away. Unfortunately until we have a return I am afraid our economy and our values will continue to crumble.

God is very clear to us in His word that we are to be doers of the word not just hearers.

James 1:21-25 James 1:21-25

Doers—Not Hearers Only

21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

This is soooo right on point. Our nation is the man who has forgotten what kind of man He was....a Christian nation founded on the Word of God! Today is the day we need to sit down and examine ourselves individually and see what kind of man we are. Again I must stress the point that if we are not in God's word then our mirror is broken because we can't even see what we are suppose to be!!!

Look at theses verses:

James 2:14-20 (New King James Version)

Faith Without Works Is Dead

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

Once you become a believer you should be working for the Kingdom of God! Where are the workers? If your church is like most churches 10% do all the work and the other 90% complain about how the 10% are working! This should not be! All of us should be working it proves our faith.

I am gonna stop here today....PLEASE take time to reread the verses for today and meditate on them and let the Holy Spirit move through your heart and mind today.

We must be doers of the word.....the church is failing as a whole in this area....it is time to wake up!

God bless my brothers and sisters....I am praying for you!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment