Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Return to the Word of God Part 10



Good Tuesday Morning to all. I pray God will use you in a great way today. Are you ready for what ever it is He wants you to do?

Yesterday in our first example of how we pick and choose what parts of God's word we want to obey, we looked at our first example which was our children. Today we are gonna look at Love! As I read through my Bible I don't find any options for not loving. Now I want you to really examine yourself this morning. Do you love others??

Matthew 22:39 (New King James Version)

39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Jesus tells us that the second greatest commandment is to love others as ourselves. Now I don't know about you but this is extremely hard for me. I run into people daily who are very hard to love! They may have a bad attitude or they may cut me off when I am driving or they may not believe as I believe. I bet you have some folks pop in your head as you are reading this. Let me also say it is of my understanding that neighbor is basically anyone we come in contact with from day to day. Now let me ask are you a picker and chooser of who you love?

Let's go even a little further. How do you feel about Muslims? Blacks? Whites? or Hispanics? Or any other nationality? It has always amazed me how Christians can be prejudice. It must irritate God in a way I can't even imagine for any of us to disrespect his creation. No matter what nationality we are there are some bad apples in the bunch but on the other hand there are always some nice ripe apples to behold too! Look at this scripture:

Luke 6:27-33 (New King James Version)

Love Your Enemies

27 “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
32 “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.

Talk about God slapping us up side the head! This is totally opposite of what we generally do. Meditate on this scripture today. Think about what it is saying. Pray that our hearts and minds will be shaped into the mind of Christ because this is the way he treated people. He loved with no strings attached. As verse 32-33 say above it is easy to love those who love us even the lost do that but loving our enemies that is what God expects from us.

Love all of God's created people....he has commanded it. Don't pick and chose for that is what those without Jesus do!

God bless and have a blessed day!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment