Thursday, February 4, 2010

Attention...I don't want it. #27

When the Holy Spirit is working in one's life there is something in his life that is clear to see .....humility! If anyone is claiming to be working in the Spirit but wants to be praised by man the Spirit is not working in him the devil is! Look at this verse:

Matthew 5:16 (New King James Version)
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

So as this verse teaches...who is to receive the glory of your good works? God!!! Not us! It really irritates me to see some of the T.V. preachers put on a show like they do and draw attention to themselves. It is a very dangerous thing to do as we serve a jealous God. Those who do such a thing will answer for it one day.

After I preach I usually will greet the people as they leave the church and they will tell me things like "you did a great job" and my response is "give God the glory". It really bothers me for people to tell me that. I know they do it out of kindness and to encourage me but I don't deserve any credit what so ever...for I am nothing and God is everything! Attention is something none of us should be after, and to use the Holy Spirit to try and get it makes it even worse!

So may all of us give God the glory in everything....for He alone is worthy. Proper use of the Spirit brings attention to God not us!

Praise the Lord today.....Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment