Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How much do you love the church? #26

I want to ask you a question this morning. How much do you love the church. Grade your self on a scale of 1-10. Be honest. Do you ever say to yourself "I love these people so much and I want to serve them with all I have and help them draw closer to God?" Do you even care about the church? The Holy Spirit has given us the power to serve the people around us. We should use those gifts to serve the church. If you don't know what those gifts are look them up in your Bible or go back to one of the first devotions of the Holy Spirit series where we talked about them. For an example of how our love for the church should be read these verses:

Philippians 1:23-25
23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith,

Paul had a deep desire to go to heaven but his love for the church and for them to progress in the joy of the faith was more important than for him to go to heaven. The Spirit energized him in this way! Now ask yourself again. How much do I love the church?

You see the Spirit is in us to gloify God and one of the main ways we do that is by loving the church through our service and the using of our gifts! I will be honest with you this morning. I have been slapped around a little this morning, knowing I need to do better! I get lazy sometimes. Thank you Jesus for your Word to get us back on track.

I am praying for you....Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment