Monday, February 15, 2010

WHO YOU LOVIN' ON?

A good friend of mine posted this and I wanted to share as the devotion today....thought provoking I thought!

WHO YOU LOVIN' ON?

So, we've passed yet another glorified holiday, better known as Valentine's Day that had retailers foaming at the mouth. Purchases of chocolate, cards, flowers and jewelry were making the cash registers sing louder than the Vienna Boys Choir. All of these things wrapped in pretty paper, red-tinted cellophane covered with decorations of hearts and love themed graphics....doesn't it make your heart thump wildly like the Energizer Bunny after a case of Red Bull?

As I sat in the second row at Second Baptist Church this past Sunday, I glanced down at my bulletin to notice that today's message was going to be on our love for Christ. Ok, nothing new as far as topics go, but what was going to be said today? Brother Eddie started into the message and perhaps it was a message spoken many times about our love of Jesus, but it stirred my mind a bit.

First off, I am not a fan of Valentine's Day. It should be every day that you tell your spouse that you love them, show them that you love them, do unexpected things for the love of them. That's my opinion on the purposed holiday of V-Day. But what am I doing on a daily basis for Jesus Christ? After all, he loves us every day, shows His love everyday and even does unexpected things for me every day. Do I necessarily see all of those things? No, but I don't need to. My heart is filled with the faith and love that I receive UNCONDITIONALLY every day. He doesn't get mad if I didn't do laundry last night or made a bad meal....that's why it's called unconditional! Ok, so how am I returning that love? Hmmm, let's see:

I do pray, yet not enough. I do read the Bible, yet not enough. I do believe in His words, but don't adhere enough. I am compassionate, but not enough. I think you see my point. Is what we are giving to Jesus Christ really enough? Or are we so focused on the world and all that it offers to us, to get what WE want? What is in the want category for you? For me? That's really for you to decide in your own time.

As another Valentine's Day passes, take time to look at your List of Love Priorities...who is on top? You? Your spouse? Or Jesus Christ, who gave His life for you and me? Hmmm...Oh, look! One of those somewhat less than appetizing NECCO candy hearts just fell into my lap. And what do you know...it says I LOVE YOU! Hmmm...wonder who sent THAT heart to me?

Blessings - Jason

Awesome Jason...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment