Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spirit leads to love! #28

Can you imagine what this world would be like if the church would love like the Bible teaches? It would change the world! This morning though I want us to think about ourselves. We are a part of the church if we are saved. If each one of us would take care of me in the love compartment than the church and the whole world would be a better place. Look at these verses of how the leading of the Spirit and love are tied together.

Ephesians 3:16-19
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

We know that as soon as we are saved God grants us with the strength of the Spirit as shown in verse 16 and I want you to catch this part in verse 17 "that you, being rooted and grounded in love." Now I don't know about you but I had to stop and ask myself...Have I allowed the Spirit to root and ground love into my life so I can bloom or share it into others lives? My answer was yes in some I have and no in others I haven't. By the way that is not the right answer....I should be loving all no excuses are accepted by God! Matter of fact He tells us to love our enemies! Now that brings me to the verses in Corinthians that pretty well sums up being led to love by the Spirit...check these out:

1 Corinthians 13:1-3

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Paul tells us point blank in these verses....we may have power in the Spirit....tounges of men and angles, prophetic powers, understanding all mysteries and all knowledge, so much faith one can move mountains, but if we don not have love, it is of no use!!! WOW!!! Stop and think about that! So many Christians wish they had this gift or that gift but God is telling us here if we don't have the one gift (love) all can have through the Spirit we have nothing!!!

So this morning remember the Spirit leads us to love. How are you doing in the love department? My friends let us make sure we desire the most important gift of the Spirit...love!

Tom

p.s. I just had a thought pop in my mind...I know that could be dangerous! haha I should have saved this devotion for Valentines Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment