Monday, February 1, 2010

Set me free!! #24

This devotion is a great way to start off the week. Check it out!


Romans 8:2
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

One of the most awesome deeds of the Holy Spirit is here in this verse. Let me explain. Before Christ I was a sinner. I liked to get drunk, smoke, and use language that is not appropriate. I had an attitude and I didn't care what others thought. I really thought I was something. Then one day I met Jesus Christ and asked Him to be Lord of my life and the Holy Spirit came and dwelled in my body. A miracle happened when the Spirit came into my life. Over night a great change happened in my life. I quit drinking, over time I quit smoking, my language changed immediately, and I had a brand new attitude. I cared about people! So what happened? The Spirit set me free! It was a miracle to me but to the Spirit it is everyday work. To let you know how much I changed I went back to my high school reunion and was nominated for most changed...not because of my looks but because of the way I now live my life!

This verse goes onto say the Spirit also sets us free from death....once you accept Christ, death no longer has a hold on you! You are going to live for eternity in heaven! Wow! Thank you, thank you Jesus!

So this morning let me ask you something. Are you set free from sin and death? You can be. It is as simple as asking Jesus to be Lord and Savior of your life. Don't delay do it today!!

Have a great week!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment