Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Good wife, bad wife.

God explains to us the difference between a good wife and a bad wife this morning:

Proverbs 12:4

4 An excellent wife is the crown of her husband,
But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones.

I came this morning giving God the glory as He has blessed me with a good wife. There is no doubt she is the crown of me and I am very undeserving of her. You have heard people say "you have married up". I answer I sure have! I said I have a good wife but as I look at this verse I will upgrade to God's Word and say she is even better than that she is excellent. So what does it take to be a good wife. Read proverbs 31 and it will help explain what God expects wives to be. Ladies I encourage you to read that chapter and try to form your life around what God's word defines as a good wife and keep Jesus first at all times!

The second part of this verse is not so fun to talk about. A wife who causes her husband shame will hurt him deeply. What could cause this shame? Again read proverbs 31 and not doing these things can. For example a house wife that doesn't keep a clean house, or does not take good care of the children, or cheats on her husband, or talks bad about him and the list can go on and on. Now when a wife works as in our day, men don't expect her to do all the house work, or all the care for the children, we have a responsibility in that too!

So brothers and sisters...God's word has spoken again, if you are reading this ladies and you feel more like the bad wife it is never too late to turn over a new leaf and do the right thing! If you are a good wife, praise the Lord and keep up the good work! Men let your good wife know it because you are blessed!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment