Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Need a favor?

I don't know about you but I can use all the favor from the Lord I can get....check this verse out:


Proverbs 12:2

2 A good man obtains favor from the LORD,
But a man of wicked intentions He will condemn.

So the question is how do I obtain favor from the Lord? By being a good man. So how do you become a good man? By being obiedient to God's Word. Again as I state so often, this is why we must be in God's Word. A man or women can not be all God wants them to be if they are not reading His Word often and spending time in prayer. It is just impossible without these two elements in one's life. Of course this is assuming that one has already asked Jesus into his life because without that taking place you will not be a good man in God's eyes! Once you have done these things then it is all about you! You have to choose everyday to follow God. I think of that often....today when I got up I had a choice to do God's will or to do Tom's will....it is up to me and it is up to you!

The second part of this verse is very interesting. Read closely. It says a man of "wicked intentions"....just the thought of doing wicked and God will condemn! Wow. I believe this tells us we even have to control our minds. This is a stern warning from God about self-controll.

Church we need to grasp on to the teachings of our Lord. Most of it is very simple but yet vey important as in this verse....do we want to find favor with the Lord or do we want to find condemnation....it is our choice!

God bless you my friends!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment