Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We need each other!

The flooding here in my neck of the woods did some terrible damage. The need for help here is great. It is our duty to help. Read this verse below:

Galatians 5:13-14
13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Everday we have choices to make. I thank God everyday that Jesus has set me free from my sins. But when He set me free He has also let me know that since He served me I am to serve others. So everyday how are we doing in serving others. As the verse above says do we use our liberty to serve ourselves(flesh)? Or do we through love serve others? In Middle Tennessee this flood has caused great need. As brothers and sisters in Christ it is our duty to get out and help not only other Christians but the lost too. It says so much about our faith to the lost when we show up and help them get back on thier feet. Read verse 14 again and ask yourself...if my house was flooded what would I do, or if I just lost everything what would I do? Then go and serve someone who has had that happen to them right now.

In the last three days I have seen the church in action the way it is suppose to be. Loving others by serving them. Folks we need each other! I see people taking vacation days to go serve someone who is need....imagine that!!! That is showing the love of Christ and serving others.

If you are serving...God bless you! If you are standing on the sideline please think carefully about this devotion. What would Jesus do?

P.S. I have heard too much of " my heart goes out to those people"! Don't feel sorry for them help them!


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment