Monday, May 24, 2010

Love correction!

Do you like to be corrected? I think our pride gets in the way when someone corrects us with some good instruction and it becomes hard for us to receive the correction. Look at this verse:

Proverbs 12:1

Proverbs 12
1 Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid.


When I was younger I hated to read and didn't want anyone to tell me anything, because as most teenagers think, I thought I had all the answers. Boy as I have grown older I have found out how dumb I really was. I like to read now and I like being taught new things...only problem is now I can't remember anything...haha! God in His Word is teaching us a very simple principle here. If we are teachable and like to learn we will gain much knowledge. I think this is really applies to the Word of God. I can not tell you how many times over the years I have been corrected on the interpitation of scripture. If we have the attitude of I already know everything then we really hinder our learning and our usefullness to God. Look at the second part of this verse....if you hate correction you are stupid!!! Wow that is too the point huh? We must always be teachable... just make sure the one teaching is lining up with what the sciptures say as God's Word warns us of false teachings too!

So if you have a hard time being corrected you better look hard at this verse today!

Pray for each other....we all can use it!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment