Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Scatter!!!

Think about what this verse is telling us this morning:


Proverbs 11:24

24 There is one who scatters, yet increases more;
And there is one who withholds more than is right,
But it leads to poverty.

Money and the accumulation of things has consumed us hasn't it? Have you ever given money or something to someone who is in need and felt the blessing that it brings. I have found many times that giving away my time to someone in need blesses me more than it does the person I have helped! I believe that is what this verse is telling us this morning. Brothers and sisters when we scatter our time, money and resources to others who are in need we are promised a blessing of increase. I have even found this to be true in giving our tithe to the Lord. In my younger years I didn't think I could afford to tithe 10% but I found quickly that God takes care of those who are obiedient. It did not add up on paper but I always had enough to pay the bills. Look at the promise on the other side of the fence. If we don't give like we are suppose to....it leads to poverty. It leads to poverty most importantly spiritually as God tells us to store our riches up in heaven and if we are not scattering as he advises then we are not storing anything up in heaven!!! Think about that!

So how are you scattering these days? Time to let go and let the blessings flow!

God bless...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment