Thursday, September 25, 2014

Names and descriptions of God #6




As we continue to look at the names and descriptions of God, I bet you agree with me that is first one is a day I look forward to when peace is forever and all evil is removed once and for all as well dwell in heaven!





Prince of Peace Isaiah 9:6

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.



Oh Lord do we need that peace, come Lord quickly.



How about this reminder of who God is:



Our Refuge and Strength-Psalm 46:1



46 God is our refuge and strength,

a very present help in trouble.



How many times have I had the pleasure of taking refuge in the ONE who loves me the most! Time and time again I have to run to my heavenly Father and take refuge in His loving arms. Then He always lifts me up and gives me the strength to make it through what ever I face. HE is all-powerful, He is Strength, to whom else could I turn? My friends the answer is no one but God!



Then there is this name for God:



My Savior-Psalm 42:5

5 Why, my soul, are you downcast?

Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God,

for I will yet praise him,

my Savior and my God.



I know that I know that I know who my Savior it is, but I love to be reminded in scripture that I have a Savior! Amen? A couple of other scriptures to chew on:



Luke 1:47

and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,



Philippians 3:20

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,



So thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ, and oh what a day that will be when He comes back to get those who follow Him!



So today we see that God is our Prince of Peace, Refuge and Strength, and Our Savior! That should make you smile, it sure does me!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment