Monday, September 29, 2014

Names and descriptions of God #7




Alright, let's continue on this Monday morning looking at some more of the names and descriptions of our glorious God!



Sovereign Lord-Luke 2:29

29 “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,

you may now dismiss your servant in peace.



Here is the definition of sovereign: having supreme rank, power, or authority.



Oh yeah that's my God! He is the One and Only, and their is none above Him...none! Also told here in the New Testament:



1 Timothy 6:15

which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,



How many days have I had to have God as this?



My Support-2 Samuel 22:19

19 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,

but the Lord was my support.



Day after day I am thankful to have to support of My Lord! I honestly don't know how anyone makes it through a day with out Jesus in their life!



This next description tells us that Jesus is who sustains us day by day:



Bread of Life-John 6:35



Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.



In life, the most important thing is to be spiritually right with God. This is what Jesus is referring to here, we will be satisfied forever when we have given our lives to Jesus and follow Him the rest of eternity. I am completely satisfied with my Bread of Life!



So we see today God is our Sovereign Lord, My Support, and The Bread of Life! Our God is beyond words but this does help us get a better picture of what all He is to us.



Have a blessed day, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment