Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Names and descriptions of God #8




More valuable information to take in this morning on the names and descriptions of our God!



My Confidence-Psalm 71:5





5 For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord,

my confidence since my youth.



What an awesome verse. No doubt in my mind who my confidence is in and always will be...Jesus my Lord and Savior! He has never let me down and never left me since the day I gave my life to Him. Such a comforting thought knowing God is my Confidence!



Father to orphans and Defender of widows-Psalm 68:5



5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,

is God in his holy dwelling.



While this verse doesn't specifically apply to me it is great to know God takes care of those who have been left alone! God is always here for us! Remember this verse also:



James 1:27



Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.



As followers of Jesus it is our responsibility to assist God by helping those who have been left alone...are we being obedient in this area?



Faithful and True-Revelation 19:11



11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.



One thing you can know for sure...everyone in this old world of ours will let us down at some point...but not Jesus for He is always faithful. What a comfort to know that fact. Not only is He faithful but He is True in every way. In what He has said, in what He did and will do, in the way He loves us...He has always been true! What an awesome God!



So today we see God is Our Confidence, Father to Orphans and Defender of widows, and Faithful and True. I hope these names and descriptions of God are a comfort and encouraging to you as they are to me! We serve a Mighty God!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment