Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Names and descriptions of God #9




Let's look at three more names and descriptions of God today.



A Consuming Fire and Jealous-Deuteronomy 4:24

24 For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.



Our words really can not describe the awesomeness of God. One thing we do need to grasp about God we see in the verse above. The bible plainly states God is a jealous God. He has the right to be after all He made us! He wants us to desire Him and follow Him. At the same time though He gives us free will. We are not forced to follow Him. On the other had when we make the choice to follow the gods of the world, God is a consuming fire. We will reap the consequences of our choices. We see in the bible time and time again the wrath of God come down upon the disobedient and one day soon Jesus will return in judgement. He will gather His followers, and the rest will be cast into hell. It is our choice.



My Friend-Job 16:20





20 My intercessor is my friend

as my eyes pour out tears to God;



There is no other friend like Jesus! All my friends have let me down at some point but not Jesus! He also makes intercession for us to the Father! Think on that. I can hear Him now....yes Father He sinned again but He is covered in my blood, forgive him. Wow what a friend we have in Jesus!



God of all comfort-2 Corinthians 1:3

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,



Time after time I have had to fall into the arms of the Father for comfort. I am so thankful He is always there for His children. No matter the situation He is there. That shows how much He really does love us!



So today we see God is a Consuming Fire and Jealous, My Friend, and God of all comfort.



Wow God is so much more than we can even imagine!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment