Thursday, October 2, 2014

Names and descriptions of God #10




Today we look at some more of the awesome names and descriptions of God!





God of my Salvation-Psalm 51:14



14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,

The God of my salvation,

And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.



There is only One God who saves....Jesus Christ! He is the God of my salvation. Remember this verse:



John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.



Only One Way folks.....One! Jesus.





Head of the Church-Ephesians 5:23

23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.



Man is not head of the church...Jesus is. He established the church, died for the church, and is head of the church. This puts a damper on those who say they do not need church as a follower of Christ. That is not biblical. It is clear we all are suppose to be a part of a bible believing church and active serving Jesus and our brothers and sisters in Christ! I am thankful Jesus is the head not man!



I really like this next one:



My hiding place-Psalm 32:7

7 You are my hiding place;

You shall preserve me from trouble;

You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.



How many times since I have been a follower of Jesus have I had to hid myself from the troubles of this life in Jesus. He always has His arms wide open for us to hid ourselves in Him. What a comfort to know that! I sure do love Jesus...don't you?



So today we see God is the God of my Salvation, Head of the Church, and my Hiding Place. These names we are looking at just do my soul good, I hope they do the same for you!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment